As we head into another few days of heat alerts everybody searches for ways to keep cool. Certainly this has been the year of the pool with so many home bound people. Pool companies are overwhelmed
10 Things To Do Before During Or After Your Move
In Nyack or anywhere else, moving into a new home in a new neighborhood can be quite the undertaking. From unpacking the sea of boxes to the chore of carrying stuff to the new house, one bit at a time, it can seem like there is no end to the work of getting unpacked and settled in. There is plenty you can do to help get settled other than unpacking boxes. Below are a few of the things you can do once you have allowed yourself at least a break from the unpacking and deciding where stuff goes.
1. Get connected to your new neighborhood: While it can be anxious meeting new neighbors, introducing yourself can go a long way.Remember, they can either become a vital asset once you are all settled in, or they could be the worst people in the world, but you never know until you go say “hi.”
2. Update your contact information with your new address: Emergency numbers, the bank, family and connections will all need your new address. A simple change of address form that you can get at any post office should take care of this. Or a blast email. Or visiting the various websites for those with whom you do business.
3. Make sure your vehicle is registered: Go to dmv.org then click on Change of Address, then click on your state to get information about what you'll need to accomplish and how to go about accomplishing it.
4. Register to vote in your new area: Visithttp://www.eac.gov and complete the tasks associated with registering to vote. Be sure and do this right away as rules about residency and voting do vary by state.
5. Find a local doctor/dentist: You might end up just sticking with the same healthcare providers depending where you live, but you should always be familiar with the options in your area.
6. Update your insurance: Auto insurance can differ dramatically from state to state so go ahead and start comparing! Probably need to do this before the move happens.
7. Check your commute to work: Be sure and try more than one route and time yourself each way. It can only play to your advantage to know more than one way to get to and from work.
8. Get to know your new neighborhood: Try something new: Visit new grocery stores. Explore new eateries and see which restaurants are most popular in your area.
9. Leave an online review of your moving company: Maybe it was a fine experience or maybe it was completely awful. If it was truly a horrible experience, you will want to warn others, so that do not make the same mistake.
10. Schools: If you are a parent you want to be sure and get your children registered and enrolled for school. Also, be on the lookout for any clubs, sports leagues, or any other activities that kids may get involved in.
I am a Licensed Real Estate Associate Broker and work full time helping people to achieve their dreams of home ownership or their dreams of selling their home or both. I love working with buyers and s....
Latest Blog Posts
I have been feeding humming birds for years in my Valley Cottage backyard. They are tiny wonders of nature that never cease to amaze me.They have the ability to hover in mid-air or fly forward,